Sunday, March 2, 2014

Recipe 1: easy, quick, delicious low carb meals

Introduction to my low carb lifestyle.


I'm all about low carb eating. Not by choice, but as a result of a fun condition called ADRENAL FATIGUE.  Have you heard about it? Well, you basically cannot have anything that stimulates your adrenals, because that would disrupt the healing process...so, I have had to cut out things like most grains, sugars, caffeine, and basically anything that has more the 5 net carbs in one serving...so basically everything good...so I thought :)

This is the first post in a line of quick, easy, delicious and low carb meals that I make on the regular. These recipes are for anyone looking to get healthier, lose weight (if you're on a low carb plan), or add more protein into their diet while taking almost no effort and making your roommates wish they were eating your food...trust me...it happens everyday :)

I won't insult your intelligence with super detailed instructions on how I prepare these meals...trust me they're that easy...but I will tell you what I used to make em. Let me know what you think!

In the picture above:
1. Omaha steak burger/any ground beef (I grill using George Forman: 5-7 mins)
2. Grilled onion (also using GF: same time as above or longer)
3. Slice tomato
4. Sautée sliced onions in olive oil until soft and translucent; add green beans till heated
5. 1/2 sweet potato (microwave while potato 7-8 mins)
6. 1 Tbs mayo and as much yellow mustard as you want. Mix together as dip for burger. 

Eat!

For personal fitness and nutrition coaching follow the link below:

No comments:

Post a Comment