Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Recipe 3: easy, quick, delicious low carb meals


When on a low carb diet there are certain foods you should keep in your house at ALL times.  


1. Meat of any kind: I like to buy large packages of pre-portioned chicken breasts from Wegmans and freeze 2/3 of the meat.  After 2-3 days I'll take a portion of frozen meat to thaw and cook...saves a ton of money buying in bulk.  I also usually buy some form of pot roast, chuck roast, or ground beef.  Pot roast is amazing because all you have to do is pop it in the crock pot...and bam...you've got meals for the next three days.  If you make a large enough batch, just freeze half of it in the juices and thaw outside the freezer when you're ready to eat.

2. Green veggies: I usually buy frozen broccoli and fresh spinach, kale, or mixed greens.  I buy the big 1lb plastic container of fresh greens...trust me...you will use it all.  

3. Onions: I eat sautéed onions everyday and in everything! I eat them in my omelets in the morning, in my salads, and as a side mixed together with veggies (green beans and onions...yum!). 

4. Dairy: Cheese...nough said. Cheese, cream cheese, sour cream, and butter add the fat to balance out the calorie deficit in your low carb diet.  Most importantly they keep you full and give amazing flavor to any dish. 

5. Eggs: the low carb dieters go to morning meal.  I usually combine a 1-2 regular eggs with egg whites for a larger portion of food. 

6. Low Carb Snacks: there are lots of these out there...my faves are an ounce of cheese with pepperoni/deli meat, guacamole with pork rinds,

7. Low Carb Desserts: sugar-free hot cchocolate, sugar-free jello, low carb brownie in a cup, homemade whipped cream (heavy cream and splenda/stevia)

Simple Grilled Chicken Salad


Do you have a George Foreman grill?  If yes, then you can make this salad in less than 10 minutes. 

1. Bowl of Spinach
2. Add sliced cherry tomatoes
3. 2 Tbs of buttermilk ranch dressing, some feta and shredded parmesan, sea salt (if desired...I love salt), and fresh cracked pepper.
3. Grill chicken breast with salt, pepper, herbs (basil and garlic) in GF for 6-7 minutes; slice on cutting board; slide chicken with juices onto salad. 

Eat and Enjoy :)


For personal fitness and nutrition coaching with me follow the link below: 



No comments:

Post a Comment